MetaQuip conventional fiber lasers can also be supplied with a MOPA source. MOPA stands for Master Oscillator Power Amplifier. A MOPA fiber laser uses a different control principle with more adjustment options, making them a bit more complex to set up, but MOPA fiber lasers have the following advantages:
- Reproducible colors engrave on stainless steel including real white and black.
- Surface is easier to clean. A MOPA mark laser does not roughen the surface like a fiber laser.
- Mark black laser on aluminum plates.
- Laser marking on plastics with greater contrast.
More possibilities for marking metals and plastics with MOPA fiber laser
Expand your options for marking metals and plastics. With the MOPA laser you can mark with a greater contrast on plastics, in addition you can mark aluminum black or mark reproducible colors on steel. In addition, the MOPA fiber laser often offers the possibility of faster marking of reproducible high-quality markings, compared to conventional fiber lasers.
With the MOPA laser, pulse durations are set between 4 and 200 ns. The MOPA laser is one of the most flexible lasers on the market and can be used for many applications. Taking into account the pulse duration, it can simulate the properties of conventional fiber lasers (relatively long pulses) and those of classical solid state lasers (relatively short pulses), such as Nd:YAG or Nd:YVO4.
Advantages of a MOPA fiber laser
The material is heated less by short pulses and a lower pulse energy. This results in more advantages and possibilities for laser marking of metals and plastics:
- Less combustion / melting in the periphery of metal engravings.
- Less heat development due to annealing on metal, which leads to better corrosion behavior.
- Controlled melting of plastics.
- Less foaming with plastics.
- High contrast and more homogeneous markings on certain plastics.
The advantages of conventional fiber laser sources remain:
- Low maintenance
- Long lifespan
- Short time per engraving
MOPA fiber laser engraving machines
Mark and engrave metals in color
A number of our fiber lasers are also available as MOPA fiber lasers. Inquire about the possibilities.